Monday, February 13, 2012

Happy Valentine's Day...

Tomorrow is the one day of the year where men and women swoon over each other, declarations of love are made, and flowers cringe when cut to be sent to a recipient who may or may not want them.

Yes, Valentine's Day.

I'm not swept away by Heart Day, as I often refer to it as. Maybe this is because I'm single and the only man who really deserves my love (outside of my dad, brothers and nephews) is Jesus.


Anyway...the painting here is a little number I created a couple of weeks ago while looking after my cousin's seven year old daughter, Miss A, who was sleeping over the night with my girl, Miss J. Miss A decided that she really liked the painting and thought that there should be an orange heart in the middle, thus there is. I'm giving the painting, titled "Orange Heart" to Miss A to commemorate her first ever sleep over.

I've also entered this painting into a challenge over on Facebook where I'm a member of the Art Eye Candy Club. The winner of the challenge will receive a little painting by the groups create, Rachelle Panagarry.

Wish me luck ... and enjoy Heart Day, however you spend it!

1 comment:

  1. This is a beautiful painting Paula. I love the texture.

    I have been married for 11 years and had my first official date with my now husband 12 years ago on Valentine's Day, but still I cringe at Valentine's Day. We celebrate our first date, but it is very low key. No flowers, no chocolates and no going out for dinner. It is our special memory, just for us to reminisce about.

    Valentine's Day is special for another reason, it was the day I was baptised as a 19 year old. Now that is worth celebrating!

    Love you my friend xo

    ReplyDelete