Saturday, January 28, 2012

My Mysterious Island...

Last weekend I started working on a textured canvas with runny paint and a spray bottle. I was quite happy with what showed up on my canvas...a palm tree, island, volcano and ocean.

The painting above is the end result that I worked on tonight. I wasn't too sure about what I'd do to finish it, but I knew I didn't want normal colours.

I went to see Journey 2: The Mysterious Island twice this week. Once in 2D then again in 3D. That movie, with its volcano, water funnels on the ocean and uniqueness inspired me tonight.

This painting includes texture paste, scraping, drippage, some brush work, many layers and the use of a palette knife and bamboo skewer. I enjoyed the challenge of painting it and had the approval of two seven year olds, telling me "it looks good". That's good enough for me!

Paula xo

No comments:

Post a Comment