Sunday, January 15, 2012

It's Been A While...

Wow! It's been a wee while since I posted. I've had my mum visiting from Tasmania so blogging and creating time has been scarce. But, it's time now to get back into the swing of things and for life to return to "normal", whatever that may be!

My big news for the week is the somewhat dramatic (for her) arrival of my bird Daisy into our lives. She is a 6 month old gray cockatiel and is delightful beyond belief.  Read about her arrival here.

Over the last 3 weeks I've only created two paintings. The first one - "Portals" - came from inspiration from Tracy Verdugo. It's not really like Tracy's paintings in any way, shape or form, but I like the idea of portals into another scene. I'm going to attempt more too.

"Portals"

Pre "Portals"
I really do love experimenting with new ideas and learning new skills. The other painting I completed is one of these. Mum and I visited a charity shop and I bought a pre-loved canvas (although by looking at the painting on the canvas, I couldn't feel the love) and painted over it. I layered and layered, added flowers, marks, colours and used different techniques from my palette knife to water spraying and dripping. It was so much fun and I love the result. Mum said it looks like a messy cottage garden; she really liked it, seriously!

"Beyond the Garden"

I returned to the same charity shop on Friday and bought some more pre-loved canvasses and I'm looking forward to creating another painting in the above style, and also preparing for a stall I hope to start up in February.

Happy creating everyone!

1 comment:

  1. What a great idea about buying preloved canvases and making them your own. I like your Portals, I can see Tracy's inspiration but very much your own style too. I'm also inspired by the Artists on line at the mixed art community. So many ideas to run with....just need the time:)

    ReplyDelete