Saturday, November 26, 2011

A Very Busy Day...

Today was busy, to say the least! Currently I'm relaxing with Bob Marley playing and a cup of chai tea that has helped get rid of the massive headache I came home with.

My day?  It was about Hillsong Church Foundation breakfast, buying easels, The Collective Store, Tracey Fletcher King (the reason for visiting The Collective Store), The Art Shed Brisbane, De Gillett, acrylic texture, spatter, scumbling, glazing, meeting other artists and buying more (yes, more!) art supplies! Phew! Are you tired from reading all of that?



De Gillett showing us the process of texture,
spatter, scumbling and glazing!
  
Adding some light to the painting.
More glazing!

I absolutely loved the De Gillett demo and will post about it (yes, I took notes) soon as my head is too full of 'stuff' to make it legible! I have become intrigued by texturing, spatter, scumbling and glazing! I knew a little about each but today's demo explained things further, plus De shared some great hints and tips, which I'll share when I blog about it!

I haven't 'created' anything as such today, but what was created was my desire to further my skills in the area of painting. I am seriously onto something here, and I'm so glad I returned to art!

2 comments:

  1. Looks like a very interesting class! Love the painting she is working on.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks like a great days - full of inspiration and excitement!

    ReplyDelete