Wednesday, November 30, 2011

A Paid Artist...

Yes, that's me. I got paid tonight for the Rustic Moroccan Mystique triptych. As it's one of my best friends that is buying it, and it was pay day for us today, she decided to pay me.

So, tonight I've added some more dots, both small and large. The next step will be to add the smaller dots, etc then paint the side panels, etc and it will be done!

I'm going to start on the other commission this weekend, as it will only be three weeks until Christmas then and I need to get moving on it.

Today while my daughter was at her last dancing lesson (she's taking a year off to try the school band and choir) I did a couple of little sketches to paint on some minis for the stall for next year. I even drew a bird!

I'm so glad I knuckled down and got the triptych further advanced tonight. A satisfying feeling!

Happy creating, Paula xo

4 comments:

  1. Congratulations on the sale of your very colourful triptych and three weeks will go so quickly....so .........keeep busy:)
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Paula, i love these colours (and the dots!!) Something about dots...
    Congrats on the sale of the triptych. Always a treat to get paid to do what we love. :-)

    Glad we shared the AEDM journey...
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations on being a paid artist! Beautiful piece! It's been so much fun following along with you via the AEDM challenge and I will continue to visit.

    Happy creating,
    Serena :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats on being paid! That is an exciting moment!!! It was great getting to see your work through AEDM!

    ReplyDelete