Thursday, November 17, 2011

I Can't Colour In...

Well, at least that's what my grade 5 teacher told me way back in 1980. I have to agree with her to a certain degree on that point too.

Tonight I did some watercolour pencil drawing/painting as a work colleague loaned me an Aquash Water Brush to try out. I ended up resorting to a liner brush as I just couldn't get the feel of the Aquash Water Brush.

In all honesty...I'd rather use watercolour paints than attempt the pencils again. I will leave the pencils for sketching painting designs onto canvas. I will, however, finish this drawing/painting and then ear mark it to go on a canvas with acrylic paint.

Paula xo

4 comments:

  1. I really like the color and pattern in that. I agree, watercolour pencils can be a pain. I like them best for details. They work well for that. Happy AEDM!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stopping by from AEDM. I was drawn by your name -- cuz it's mine, too -- and am delighted to find that we have common profiles, too! My online name stands for "Christ in me" and I, too, am enjoying "walking with the Spirit, and finding peace in only He who matters." I will be your newest email subscriber!

    ReplyDelete
  3. They take a bit of getting used to but it is worth hanging in there as you will get some great results in time ... frustrating when you start out though!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your sketch is looking lovely, Paula.

    I think watercolour pencils are great for small areas and definition but I'd prefer using my Mungyo Gallery watercolour crayons or watercolour paints for filling in large areas.

    I'd love to see it finished...I think it would make a great acrylic painting. :)

    ReplyDelete